Thursday, July 22, 2010

It is not Rocket Science



So how can we make this work?

We mentioned that having limiting beliefs are what usually hold people back. You could call it the missing piece to the secret of life. There are many self help gurus, many psychological techniques and other means to letting go of limiting beliefs. I am going to share with you one that has worked for me.

These 7 easy questions are all it takes, but it takes all you got. No rocket science here, but it will take a considerable amount of effort to get it working for you. Think of it like peeling away at an onion layer by layer. Usually when one limiting belief is removed, another is found in its place. Just keep at it, Rome wasn’t built in a day and your mind cannot be free in just one attempt.

1. What do I believe?
2. Do I really believe that?
3. Why do I believe that?
4. What do I fear about my belief not being true?
5. Why do I fear that?
6. Is it true?
7. How can I apply this to my life?

To give you an example of how I went through this process;

1. I believe that I will never fall in love.
2. Yes.
3. I built up a wall around my feelings, letting no one in after I got my heart broken.
4. I fear that if I fall in love it will open me up to being hurt again.
5. The pain the first time was unbearable; I do not want to let it happen again.
6. Yes it did hurt but to fall in love again does not mean I will get hurt again.
7. I can either go through the rest of my life alone, or I can start to embrace the relationships I have in my life around me.

I did have a few tangents that came from this train of thought. It led me to find a great affirmation that I now use on a daily basis.

“At any given time I can connect with someone on a deep and meaningful soul level.”

Now that sounds like an enabling belief. Go ahead, give it a try. You can laugh at yourself later, but trust me that this will work if you let it. If you have any other ways of releasing I would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!